CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

SO...Just how do you decide on a Boston Terrier?

A common question I get is, "How did you decide to get a Boston Terrier?" That question is often followed with: A) they are so ugly, B) they are so loud, or C) why not a big dog?

Here is the answer:

When I was growing up, my friend Kate had this amazing little firecracker of a Boston Terrier named Shelby. Shelby was a part of many childhood memories. What I remember of Shelby was she had the softest belly and chest; She would hide under Kate's parent's bed and when we were swimming in the pool, she would chase us around the pool and nip at our ankles. She was the greatest dog.

When Cullen and I decided we wanted a dog, he narrowed it down to a beagle, (gross), a cocker spaniel (which was great, except they are dogs girls get - not college guys), and Jack Russell Terriers - (no explanation needed). After searching for puppies, and not liking anything I found, I asked him to CONSIDER the Boston Terriers. I told him of all the great things, the soft belly's, the loyalty... their funny faces, everything. SOLD. I searched and searched.... and searched. Cullen got a Boston Terrier named Brodie for Christmas that year. We have vowed to always own at least one Boston Terrier for the rest of our lives. Ours bring us so much joy, daily laughs - which usually turns to tears.

Cheers to Shelby. Thanks for showing us the way.

0 comments: